This is my world of cycling and just a fun way for me to share my experiences, thoughts and joy I have for cycling. Thanks for visiting Cycle Jabber and good luck in your training! Dirk Friel

Wednesday, November 15, 2006


I had an inquiry this week at TrainingPeaks about how to record and analyze data from one ride when both a power meter and a GPS device are used. I used an SRM and a Garmin Edge on October 13th while on a ride in Italy and that post can be seen at
http://dirkscycling.blogspot.com/2006/11/group-ride-with-petacchi-and-jorg.html

I also dug into my TrainingPeaks Daily Log and found a date back in May where I used a Garmin 301 and an Ergomo powermeter on a mountainous ride.

I downloaded and then uploaded the Garmin into TrainingPeaks by way of the free Messenger (see http://www.trainingpeaks.com/messenger/ ). I downloaded then uploaded the Ergomo by way of WKO+. I could have used the WKO+ software to download and upload the Garmin device. Either way is fine.

You can see a screen shot of my WKO+ Calendar which shows the two ride files for the one day.

- I've also added a screen shot of the Map view from within TrainingPeaks which shows the arial photo of my ride overlayed with the route recorded by the Garmin device.


Here is a screen shot taken from WKO+ of the Garmin file. I highlighted the main 5,000ft climb I did that day.

Here is the screen shot from WKO+ of my Power file. I also highlighted the main 5,000ft climb here.

posted by Dirk at 7:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home