This is my world of cycling and just a fun way for me to share my experiences, thoughts and joy I have for cycling. Thanks for visiting Cycle Jabber and good luck in your training! Dirk Friel

Saturday, June 03, 2006
















The photo below shows Dr. Lothar Heinrich, myself and Dr Stefan Vogt. They are part of the medical staff for team T-Mobile in Germany. They are based out of the University of Frieburg and Dr. Heinrich is not only the head medical doctor for the team, but also coaches several of the riders.


My day at the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) conference
I had the pleasure of being invited to the ACSM conference Friday by VeloPress. This was a great opportunity to roam the aisles of the expo hall and see all the latest medical and scientific devices and software on the market. One by one I walked by booths representing metabolic carts, motion analysis software, gait analysis products, treadmills, ergometers, and even quit a few
familiar faces from the cycling community.

The cycling community was out in force which was a bit unexpected. It was a bit like attending a min-Interbike trade show. I ran into Stephen Cheung of Pez Cycling news, Ultrafit coach Seiji Ishii, Uli and Daniel of SRM, Erin and Shaun of Colorado Altitude Training (their tent was up to 12,000ft in the booth if anyone wanted to exercise at that height while in their khakis), Chuck from Computrainer, Taro Smith of Boulder Cycle Sport, Neal Henderson of BDR Center for Sports Medicine, and plenty more.


posted by Dirk at 4:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home