This is my world of cycling and just a fun way for me to share my experiences, thoughts and joy I have for cycling. Thanks for visiting Cycle Jabber and good luck in your training! Dirk Friel

Monday, January 29, 2007


How does T-Mobile Rider Michael Barry Prepare during the Winter for the Tour De France? On his cyclocross bike. Believe it or not T-Mobile's Michael Barry rides almost exclusively on is cyclocross bike each winter. Michael says that when he finally gets to camp in January he is fit and flying on the the road bike in large part due to his cylocross bike. I call Michael's cross bike a Swiss Army bike as it probaly weighs close to 30lbs. This thing is BEEEFY and Michael keeps permanent fenders on his machine. I personally don't want to make too much fun of it as I need every advantage I can get when I ride with him uphill.

Here is a screen shot of a brutal climb I did with Michael in December up Four Mile Canyon and Logan Mill Rd. Ouch!

posted by Dirk at 5:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home