This is my world of cycling and just a fun way for me to share my experiences, thoughts and joy I have for cycling. Thanks for visiting Cycle Jabber and good luck in your training! Dirk Friel

Friday, December 05, 2008

Great Skiing in Foothills Park Today

Today was the first day that the Boulder Nordic Ski Club has been allowed by the City of Boulder to Groom Foothills park for XC skiing. I've been dreaming of this day for about four years now. In the past I have skied the same loop, but I had to make tracks myself and just chugged along dreaming of the day when I could ski effortlessly (well not effortlessly but at least faster) across a freshly groomed ski track. Well today it happened and it was pure joy.

Here is a screen shot from my TrainingPeaks file viewer. You can go directly to my file viewer and download the file if you wish here.

Today's workout intent was to just work on muscular endurance and general strength. I didn't want to go too hard since XC skiing can quickly zap you and make recovery very slow. It was nice though to ski at an altitude of 5,500ft vs 8,000ft up at Eldora. I'll probably hit Eldora Sunday though.

Ciao,
Dirk

posted by Dirk at 10:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home