This is my world of cycling and just a fun way for me to share my experiences, thoughts and joy I have for cycling. Thanks for visiting Cycle Jabber and good luck in your training! Dirk Friel

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tour of Georgia Final GC:
1 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems
2 Thomas Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel
3 Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr) Discovery Channel
4 José Enrique Gutierrez Cataluna (Spa) Phonak Hearing Systems
5 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Discovery Channel
6 David Zabriskie (USA) Team CSC
7 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis
8 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Prodir-Saunier Duval
9 Christopher Baldwin (USA) Toyota-United Pro
10 Cesar Augusto Grajales (Col) Navigators Insurance

Great job Chris Baldwin and Cesar Grajales! These guys deserve top 10 placings in the largest stage race in the US. Both are the nicest guys in the world and road great races. I know Chris was a bit down after his Tour of CA, and Cesar didn't even get selected by his team to race in the Tour of CA so these results certainy help heal those wounds.

As you can see below I predicted exactly the result Cesar would get a few days ago and he came through with flying colors with a 4th place on Brasstown Bald yesterday. Sweet ride Cesar!

I have a close conection to Cesar as he was my teammate at Jittery Joe's in 2002 and he also spent time at my parets house this past winter in Scottsdale training and geeting a bike fit and orthodics at Foot Fitting.

Of course I've also spent a lot of time with Chris and Kimberly Baldwin and am just so happy Chris pulled ut a top result. Chris did a lot of work on the fixed gear bike this winter and tried to increase his ability to atatck and increase the pace above Lactate Threshold. Looks like it is all paying off!


GABA Chandler Group ride:
Today and yesterday I spent time on the Desert Breeze rides in Chandler, AZ with the local chapter of the GABA. This is a fun group of riders that really know how to organize some quality training irdes. This weekend we worked on pace lines and skills work. Working on a smooth rotation and making the group work as a cohesive team was a lot of fun. I hope everyone learned a few tips and gained confidence in riding in a past moving paceline.

This photo was taken today at the beginning of the ride before I was wasted like a salty dog in the 95+degree heat...Uth this was my first time in any kind of heat this season.

Thanks for the rides guys! Can't wait to do it again.
Dirk

posted by Dirk at 7:06 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirk said...

Thanks Kowabunga! It was fun in the sun and I flew back to Denver Monday and landed in a snow storm! Wish I was still in AZ!
Dirk

12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home